Monday, January 17, 2011

so, i have this friend....

Since the economy sucks and shows no sign of sucking any less in the near future, I feel it is my personal duty as a small business owner and artist to promote other self-employed individuals and artists. I mean, we all need to help each other out, right?
Plus, we all know that word of mouth is always the BEST advertising.

(On a similar note, this is also what I love about social media....people sharing information about amazing businesses/talented people/really cool opportunities that you may not hear about otherwise.)

So, on that note, I want to tell you about my very talented friend.

My friend has been a working artist for over a decade. He is an incredible sculptor, and he has a lot of experience in metal and stone work, welding, and fabrication.
In addition, he is unbelievably tech savvy (on Macs), is proficient with Photoshop, (I hired him to do a lot of post-production work for me over the summer), and has an AMAZING sense of design, (see a few design samples below and note the cool promo cards he made me.)
On top of all that, he has done a ton of work in art installation, construction, and landscaping.

He is one skilled fella.

I am telling you all this because he is looking for work. He recently moved to Seattle and has had absolutely no luck with the job market, (what a shocker.) So, I thought I would put the word out and see any of you out there in the blogosphere may have any ideas.

Do you need a logo? Do you need a deck built? Do you need your fireplace outfitted in steel? Are you a photographer in need of help with post production? Do you know anyone else who may be looking for help?

If so, email my friend. I am sure he'll tell you his name when you contact him. :)
thraka@mac.com

<span class=
<span class=
<span class=<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=


No comments: