Tuesday, March 8, 2011

students in action! (and next workshop date)

First off, my next Natural Light Food Photography class is April 16th. Like the previous classes, it's $250 and goes from 10am until 3pm. The food will be prepared by the lovely Becky Selengut, (aka @ChefReinvented on Twitter) and the class will cover composition, exposure, using natural light, prop styling, and more. Email me to register.

A number of people have asked me about doing an intermediate or advanced food photography class, and I am totally open to that. Once I work out the details of that workshop, I will announce it here.

Below are some photos from the Natural Light Food Photography class this past Saturday. Everyone did such a great job and Becky's food was delicious and beautiful, as always.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

CocktailMom said...

love seeing the students in action, what a great idea!

ferienhaus spanien said...

Really a great captures.........
Looked like captured by expertise.

snippets of thyme said...

This is such a wonderful article. I always think I need something professional looking and these people look just like me. Food set up on the floor and on chairs! My question is about lenses. Can you recommend what lens is best for food photography?? Some of the lenses in the article seem HUGE. I have a regular 15-55mm lens and I just purchased a 50mm macro but can't seem to use that one without a tripod.

BTW, I'm in Houston but I sure would love to attend one of your classes.

Clare said...

Hi Snippets of Thyme-

So glad you enjoyed the post! I think that anything in the 50mm to 90mm range works best for food photography, (just my opinion, of course.)

Hopefully you will make it to Seattle one day (or I'll teach in Texas) and you can join one of the workshops.
They are a lot of fun! :)