Monday, January 18, 2016

some of those apples i never posted...

A good long while ago, I mentioned that I was going to post some of the photos that never made it into the book I shot for Rowan Jacobsen. I guess I never got around to doing that. Better late than never, right?

This truly was such an amazing project to be part of. I got to photograph a few hundred variety of apples, several orchards in multiple states, as well as some delicious recipes. Due to page count, a lot of images and text had to be cut in the end. Regardless, it still turned out to be a beautiful and insanely informative book that will always hold a special place in my heart.





3 comments:

Donna Hopkins said...

Clare, I can't imagine how difficult it was to choose which images made it into the book and which didn't - there all so very creatively composed and yet natural feeling. Beautiful views. You should be so proud of your work! Speaking of apples, have you ever made the roasted applesauce from Food 52 (by Judy Rogers)? It is so good and I'm guessing your little guy would agree with me!

Clare said...

Hi Donna!
As always, thank you for your generous and kind words! No, I haven't tried that recipe but it sounds delish! Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Shannon Douglas said...

This was such an absolutely perfect project for you. Killer book ;)