Wednesday, January 20, 2016

farestart

Shooting for FareStart was one of my highlights from 2015.

If you aren't familiar with this organization, you should be. FareStart works with adults who are trying to turn their lives around after hardship. They provide job training in the restaurant industry, help with housing and transportation, resume building and computer skills, interview coaching and assistance in looking for a job...all free of charge. 

Additionally, FareStart serves lunch daily and holds monthly chef dinners, is available for catering and events at their two locations and prepares and delivers over 3000 lunches DAILY to Seattle area schools and social service programs. To say they are inspiring is an understatement, and I was honored to help document all the good work they do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a cool job Clare. I can completely see you rocking it. Every time I get caught up in the food world or discouraged by how trendy it's become I see your work and it brings me back to why I wanted to do this in the first place. Thanks for being such a genuine, kick-ass inspiration. -Shannon