Tuesday, February 7, 2012

my 3-day farm to table workshop

I received emails, comments, and encouraging words on Facebook after posting my idea about a multiple-day farm to table workshop, so I am going to do it!
And, believe me, this workshop is going to be a blast.

The class will start on the evening of Thursday, September 20 and end the morning of Sunday, September 23rd. The whole event will take place on beautiful Whidbey Island.

This is a workshop focused on how to tell a story through photographs. Students will document 2 farms on the island, learn all about food photography, and will spend their days taking a whole LOT of photographs. There will be group critiques, as well as plenty of time for individual instruction, (if desired.)

Since this is a 3-night workshop, I have rented a beautiful house near Coupeville, that sits on a gorgeous piece of property high above the Saratoga Passage. I have personal experience with this particular piece of land, since my husband and I were married on it back in 2003. It's a very special place.

The workshop fee is $1250 and includes everything. Specifically.....

•3 nights accommodations in the Willow Pond Lake House, (PLEASE NOTE THAT ROOMS ARE SHARED.) You can view the house here.

•all meals (including wine)

•transportation on the island (you will still have to get yourself to Whidbey but carpooling may be an option.)

•all workshop instruction

I hope we'll see you there! :)

TO REGISTER, click HERE.


Photobucket



1 comment:

Joan Leonard said...

I wish I could stay in the area after my August vacation! Next time I visit, I'll check for workshops. You are a great teacher and how great that you share your "secrets" of perfect photos.