Sunday, November 14, 2010

farm to table class, revisited

Having just taught another Basic Photography workshop yesterday, I was reminded that I still had not blogged about the awesome Farm to Table workshop I led back in September. How the time flies!

This workshop was a total blast. Thanks to the kind folks at Seabreeze Farm and Kurtwood Farms, nine of us were allowed to wander the grounds of two great properties and photograph lots of animals, some vegetable gardens, a butcher shop, and some deliciously stinky cheese.

George, Kristin, and Kurt- I cannot thank you enough for opening up your homes and businesses to us. You are wonderful.

I will definitely be holding more farm to table classes in the future, (in the Seattle area AND BEYOND) so please email me if you are interested in attending one and I will put you on the list. On a similar note, my next Food Photography workshop will be on Saturday, January 8th and space is limited. Drop me a line and I'll let you know how to register.

<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=<span class=
<span class=
<span class=

<span class=
<span class=
Photobucket
Photobucket
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my. You NAAAAILED the cobweb shot. HAAAH! Love it. And all the others are amazing. Your perspective was totally different than mine, which is wonderful. I love your eye for detail. Thanks for sharing these. :-)

Anonymous said...

oh man, those pigs at Kurtwood GREW UP since the last time I was there! LOVE your cheese cellar shot!

Brad said...

that class kicked ASS!!! i loved it and cant wait to get back to the farm and photograph more pigs!!!!
your #1 fan/stalker
Brad :P

Matt Lawrence said...

I agree with Jackie, the cobweb shot in the shed is amazing. Though, I am a little partial to the trailer picture underneath it; the trailer was my home for a couple of years!

Joan Leonard said...

I loved the last shot of the pigs being photographed by avid photographers. I wonder what those pigs were thinking!

It all looks like so much fun. I'd love to do a farm to table class with you, in Florida. How can that be achieved? Should I start looking for farms?

The cobweb shot - is that where they grow spiders? All the photos are fabulous!

angie said...

The spiderwebs and the cheese!!!! love.