Monday, August 9, 2010

Farm to table food photography workshop

Well, it took a bit of planning but I have FINALLY set the date for the very first Farm Photo Safari: Tuesday, September 7, 2010.

I am so excited about this class!

The workshop will take place on Vashon Island, where participants will get to tour two farms.
We'll start at Seabreeze Farm where we'll spend some time with the cows, chickens, ducks, pigs and sheep, and then we'll head off to photograph the Seabreeze butcher shop, located right next to La Boucherie.

After that, we'll move on over to Kurtwood Farms, and check out Kurt's lovely property, animals, vegetable gardens and new cheese cave, (which is pretty darn cool.)

The last part of the day will be focused on natural light food photography, using some of the ingredients produced by these two farms.

*Lunch and transportation on the island will be provided.

Date: Tuesday, September 7th, 2010

Time: 9am to approximately 4 or 5pm

Cost: $300
(Payment is due at the time of registration)

What you'll need: A digital SLR, a decent working knowledge of your camera, & rubber boots

What's recommended but not required: A laptop, a card reader, and a tripod

To register: Email me to reserve your spot (clare at clarebarboza dot com)


Photobucket




1 comment:

Joan Leonard said...

OMG, who would believe a photo of tomatoes could be so gorgeous! That photo is stunning. I wish I could attend your farm safari, but since I just returned to Sarasota, FL from a 3 week vacation, and since I still have not attended your "how to use your SLR digital camera", I have to wait a bit.

I'll just wait and envy those who get to go.