Friday, August 28, 2009

the wedding countdown begins...

Since this is my last official year shooting weddings, I definitely want to celebrate the remaining couples with whom I am working.

My most recent couple was Staci and Tim, and they were two of the sweetest, most easy-going people I have ever photographed.

Tim and Staci opted for a super simple wedding, wanting to avoid all of the expense and drama that a larger wedding can create. So, they had an afternoon wedding at their church, and a lunch reception in the church social hall. 

Instead of stressing about the fact that their reception space had basketball hoops at either end of the room, Staci and Tim joked about it, filled the room with enormous white balloons, and focused on the important parts of the day-- like enjoying each other and spending time with their family and friends.

Honestly, I found these two to be so refreshing. Planning a wedding is stressful and most of us get caught up in all the things we "need" to have to make the day special. In reality, though, so few of the things that we think matter actually do. Tim and Staci knew this.

As a photographer, it's pretty easy for me to go into a beautiful space with lavish decor and make it look great... because it already DOES look great. This wedding was a fun challenge for me because the space wasn't the typical wedding venue. I wanted to create images that celebrated the fabulousness of Tim and Staci, and also could fit right in any wedding magazine.
I hope I accomplished that.

Thank you, Tim and Staci, for being so wonderful. I wish you all the best!





















4 comments:

Staci said...

I LOVE them!!!!!! I can't stop looking at them & am so excited to see the rest.

Thank you thank you thank you! And thank you for what you wrote - we felt so flattered and honored when we read your words. We came up against a surprising amount of resistance for approaching things simply, but you totally understood and respected and appreciated it. We are so grateful for that. :)

Thank you again - can't wait to see even more!

Susie Hamidi said...

Love your details! So pretty!

Clarissa Recato said...

Clare! I did not know you won't be doing weddings after this year until I saw this post! But I see you are very busy and obviously loving what you are focusing on now! Best wishes to you in all your future endeavors. We loved every photo you took at our wedding and that's why we recommended you to all our friends :) So from all of us thank you (to the best wedding photographer ever)!

Joan Leonard said...

What beautiful photos! The bride is gorgeous! I love how you captured the playfulness, the closeness and the love between the bride and groom. I also love that photo of the little boy jamming a huge piece of cake into his mouth. I can relate!

You are an awesome photographer, Clare.